Housekeeper- FT Nights
- - ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES
- Grand Prairie, TX, USA
- Full Time
FT NIGHTS- 3p-1130pm
Cleans assigned areas of the hospital, clinic and medical office building which may include patient rooms, nurse's station, offices, restrooms, etc. Performs cleaning of patient rooms and prepares rooms for new patients. Uses industrial cleaning agents and cleaning equipment. Specific duties may include mopping, finishing and buffing floors; vacuuming and
shampooing carpets; cleaning and restocking patient/resident rooms, nursing stations, lounges, restrooms, offices and other areas.
- Models a service attitude towards others, takes ownership in solving problems and takes the initiative to make things better. Friendly and courteous to patients, families and co-workers
- Maintain a clean, disinfected, safe, and pleasant environment for all residents, families, employees, and visitors of PC&S
- Use proper chemicals, tools, and equipment to clean assigned areas
- Assist with set-up and clean-up of events/activities
- Dust, clean and sanitize resident rooms, as assigned (i.e. deep cleaning and daily clean schedules)
- Clean and sanitize public restrooms
- Clean nurse stations
- Inventory supply cart and restock on a daily basis
- Maintain clean housekeeping closet at all times
- Report repair needs to Supervisor
- Work with other staff on major projects
- Make rooms ready for admissions
- Pull trash as needed
- Mopping, finishing and buffing floors, vacuuming and
- Other duties as assigned
Licenses and Certification: None required.
Education, Vocational Training, and Experience: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Previous housekeeping experience in a healthcare related environment preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Ability to work with other members of the healthcare team to meet patient needs.
Ability to interact in a positive manner and to communicate well with patients, families, co-workers, employees, supervisor and other hospital employees;
Lifting objects in excess of forty (40) pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to twenty (20) pounds. Ability to stand on non-carpeted, composite surfaces for extended periods of time, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl, reach, use fine finger movement, speak and hear. Ability to walk long distances on a regular basis.