OR Manager - RN
- - OR
- Grand Prairie, TX, USA
- Full Time
This position is responsible for assisting the Surgical Services Director in coordinating department activities which assure optimal patient care. Supports and directs staff members in providing safe, compassionate, quality care and services to patients and families. Independent decision-making is expected in the execution of routine duties.
- Delivers nursing care to patients undergoing surgical intervention ranging in age from pediatric to geriatric.
- Responds quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment.
- Maintains regulatory agency requirements, nursing and hospital policies, procedures and standards.
- Responsible for the nursing activities related to care of the patient experiencing an operative or other invasive procedure.
- Responsible for the general care of the patient during surgery, charting, patient assessment, etc.
- A resource person and provides guidance to non-licensed personnel.
- Proficient in providing care for adult and pediatric patients.
- Assists with staff orientation, ongoing training, coaching and compliance to standards.
- Assists with ordering of supplies and inventory
- Adjusts shift to provide coverage and reduce overtime
- Assists with the merit review process by providing input on employee performance
- Delegates assignments in a courteous manner
- Serves as a department mentor
- Assists with annual competency evaluations
- Supports department changes
- Demonstrates problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Sees that staff members support all quality, safety measures and practices.
Licenses and Certification: Current Texas Registered Nurse license and ACLS required.
Education, Vocational Training, and Experience: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Minimum of two (2) years of experience circulating for Bariatric, Orthopaedics, Spine, and General surgery.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to write concise, legible documentation in patient's medical record.
Knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures.
Knowledge of medical terminology and abbreviations.
Knowledge of safe use of various equipment.
Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Ability to with other members of the healthcare team to meet patient needs.
Ability to interact in a positive manner and to communicate well with patients, families, co-workers, employees, supervisor and other hospital employees.
Lifting objects in excess of fifty (50) pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to twenty (20) pounds. Ability to stand on non-carpeted, composite surfaces for extended periods of time, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl, reach, use fine finger movement, speak and hear. Ability to walk long distances on a regular basis.