Maintenance Technician- FT Nights
- - PLANT OPERATIONS
- Grand Prairie, TX, USA
- Full Time
Performs general preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, equipment and grounds. Must be motivated, reliable and dependable. Working under close supervision, assists in monitoring building system operations and performance. Utilizes several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling or vehicle servicing. Is knowledgeable in the procedures and safety measures in area(s) of specialty.
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
- Performs assigned day-to-day repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance.
- Completes maintenance and repair records as required.
- Reviews assigned work orders. Estimates time and materials needed to complete repair.
- Orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
- Assists with installation and modification of building equipment systems.
- Assists with troubleshooting and repairs of buildings and installed systems to include: plumbing systems, kitchen equipment, roofs, drains, shop, and HVAC.
- Inspects new installation for compliance with building codes and safety regulations.
- Maintains lighting systems throughout the facility, cleaning fixtures and replacing bulbs and lamps.
- Maintains grounds of facility or property performing such tasks as raking, sweeping, leaf blowing or snow removal.
- Performs welding, carpentry, furniture assembly and locksmith tasks as needed.
- Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Licenses and Certification: None required.
Education, Vocational Training, and Experience: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED). Minimum three years facility maintenance experience or certified in a specialty area. May require valid driver's license.
Requires basic analytical skills. Uses personal computer and / or PDA for work order system, email, ESS and training. Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook. Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more. Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing. Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to understand and carry out general instructions and problem solve in standard situations. Requires basic analytical skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to interact in a positive manner, respond to common inquiries or complaints from patients, families, co-workers, employees, supervisor and other hospital employees. Knowledge of safe use of maintenance machinery and equipment. Uses personal computer and / or PDA for work order system, email, ESS and training. Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook.
Lifting objects in excess of fifty (50) pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to twenty (20) pounds. Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl, reach, climb ladders, use fine finger movement, speak and hear. Ability to walk long distances on a regular basis.